Welcome to the website of Illogan Parish Council.
The Parish of Illogan is situated between the towns of Camborne and Redruth with Pool to the South and the dramatic Cornish Coast to the North.
The Parish of Illogan is home to:
Tehidy Country Park, the largest area of woodland in West Cornwall and contains an eighteen hole golf course.
Manningham Wood was formally part of an ornamental garden for The Old Rectory (now called Manningham) and was opened to the public as community woodland in 2004.
Historical Monuments include the grave of Thomas Merritt; Mary’s Well; Aviary Court/Parsonage Well; The Bain Memorial; 52 Commonwealth War Graves.
There are also a number of Grade II listed buildings and items including the Church, its tower, the Basset sarcophagus, a Cornish cross and the gates to the North end of the Church Yard.
The Parish of Illogan is also home to a Post Office, hotel, shops and home businesses etc.
Tehidy Country Park
Tehidy Country Park is located on the west coast of Cornwall in the Parish of Illogan and about 2 miles north of Camborne, 2 miles west of Redruth, and about 1 mile south of the small harbour of Portreath. It was once part of an ancient manor owned by the Basset family which later gained much wealth from local tin mining. Covering 250 acres […]
Thomas Merritt’s Grave In the churchyard of St Illogan Parish Church there is a fine white marble gravestone which marks the resting place of Thomas Merritt (1863-1908) and members of his family. Thomas Merritt was a former miner/musician who stole the hearts of all Cornish people especially miners with his boisterous Christmas carols and he […]