Illogan Parish Council has a vacancy in the Tehidy Ward.
Section 21 of the Representations of the People Act 1985 provides that where an insufficient number of candidates is validly nominated at an ordinary local council election to fill the vacancies on the Council, the Council may co-opt any person to fill the vacancies.
Any person wishing to be considered for co-option should in the first instance, apply in writing to the Parish Clerk & Proper Officer of Illogan Parish Council at the address above, stating their interest, eligibility criteria (see below) and the reasons why they believe they should be considered for the vacancies.
Cornwall Council has advised that there has been insufficient demand for an election and the Council now intends to fill the vacancy by co-option at its meeting to be held on Wednesday 23rd June 2021.
Persons eligible for consideration must be aged 18 years or over, and:
- is and thereafter continues to be a local government elector for the Parish of Illogan; OR
- has during the whole of the twelve months preceding, occupied as owner or tenant, any land or other premises in the Parish of Illogan; OR
- your only place of work during the last twelve months has been in the Parish of Illogan; OR
- you have during the last twelve months resided in the Parish of Illogan; OR
- you have during the last twelve months resided within three miles of the Parish of Illogan.
You are ineligible to stand as a councillor if you have received, during the last five years either been given a prison sentence of three or more months (including suspended) or have been declared bankrupt.
The closing date for the receipt of applications is Thursday 17th June 2021
Given under my hand and dated this 1st June 2021
Parish Clerk and Proper Officer