- This event has passed.
Annual Council Meeting
May 19 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
I hereby summon you to a Annual Council meeting of Illogan Parish Council to be held on Wednesday 19th May 2021 at 7.00 pm at St Illogan Parish Church, Illogan
Members of the public are invited to attend.
The regulations allowing council meetings to be held virtually has now expired, therefore councils have no option but to revert to physical meetings.
All meetings are open to the press and public. Should you wish to attend the Council requests that attendees:
- Follow the 2m social distancing guidelines when attending the meeting.
- Wear a mask unless exempt whilst entering or exiting the meeting. Masks may be removed whilst seated.
- Use hand sanitiser
- Sign in upon arrival (the Clerk will retain the sign in details for 21 days).
- Move straight to a seat, do not gather to talk with others.
- Do not eat in the Church.
- Bring your own writing equipment and drink if you require it during the meeting.
There will be a one-way system in place.
All attendees are advised to carry out a lateral flow test prior to attending the meeting. These can be obtained online:
on the telephone by calling 119 or collected locally see link for details:
If you are displaying Covid-19 symptoms, had a positive Covid-19 test or have returned from being abroad in the last 14 days etc please do not attend the meeting. If there is something you want to raise with the Council, please email the Clerk on – email@example.com
- To elect a Chairman of the Council for the municipal year 2021/2022 and the elected Chairman to sign the Declaration of Acceptance of Office
- To appoint a Vice Chairman for the municipal year 2021/2022
- To receive confirmation from the Clerk that all members have signed the Declaration of Acceptance of Office, receive any requests for an extension of time to sign them and agree any future actions
- Safety Procedures
- Chairman’s Welcome and Apologies
- Members to declare disclosable pecuniary interests and non-registerable interests (including details thereof) in respect of any items on the agenda and any gifts or hospitality over £25
- To consider applications from members for dispensations
- To receive reports from the 2020/2021 Chairman and Vice Chairman
- Public participation (Maximum of 15 mins – Every speaker a limit of 3 mins under Council standing Orders)
- To receive and approve the minutes of the Full Council Meeting held on the 28th April 2021 and the Chairman to sign them
- Matters arising from the minutes and a report on progress of actions, for information only
- To receive the Delegated Decisions Register since the last meetings, ratify all decisions made and agree any future actions
- To receive reports on the payments, receipts and bank reconciliation for the month of April 2021
- To authorise payment of accounts for the month of May 2021 (up to date list to be tabled at the meeting)
- To receive the amended Code of Conduct and Register of Interest Form, recently adopted by Cornwall Council and advice from CALC, consider adopting and agree any future actions
- To receive and approve the draft Annual Report for 2020/2021 and agree any future actions
- To agree the calendar of meetings for 2021/2022, the dates, times and places of for the year ahead, 2021/2022 and agree any future actions
- To review the Scheme of Delegation and agree any future actions
- To appoint standing committees for the 2021/2022 municipal year and agree any future actions
- To agree the Terms of Reference for each committee for the 2021/2022 municipal year and agree any future actions
- To agree the number of members on each committee for the 2021/2022 municipal year and agree any future actions
- To appoint members to standing committees for the 2021/2022 municipal year and agree any future actions
- To elect the Chairman of the Finance and Resources Committee for the 2021/2022 municipal year
- To confirm the bank mandate and appoint signatories for the 2021/2022 municipal year and agree any future actions
- To consider the payment of any subscriptions falling to be paid annually
- To review representation on or work with external bodies and arrangements for reporting back and agree any future actions
- To consider management, maintenance and future developments in Illogan Park and other parish facilities, agree any appropriate actions and any associated expenditure
- To receive correspondence from the 21st April 2021 until the 11th May 2021, agree any appropriate responses and any future actions
- To receive reports from the Cornwall Councillors
- To consider items to be discussed at future meetings; agree where to discuss and timescales
- Date & time of next meeting:
Wednesday 16th June 2021, 7pm, venue to be confirmed.
- That under the 1960 Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act the press and public are excluded due to the confidential nature of the business to be discussed
- To receive tenders for the Refurbishment of the Changing Facilities at Illogan Park, appoint a contractor, agree any future actions and any associated expenditure
- To receive tenders for the Multi-Disciplinary Architectural and Project Management Services for the Parish Office, appoint a contractor, agree any future actions and any associated expenditure
Given under my hand this day Wednesday 12th May 2021.
Clerk to the Council